Friday, May 9, 2008

It's quick and easy

Relax, bend, and breath. It's that simple to begin improving your health. Even 10 minutes a day can help. But many Americans aren't willing to spend even a few minutes of minimal effort improving their own health? Is it cynicism, laziness, or metafizzle? Lots of noise and movement with no direction is not the road to peace of mind and good health.

Perhaps it's a misconception that one must practice for hours to do any good. Thats a good excuse for wallowing in misery, but it's wrong. One Ch'i Kung practice I teach takes only six minutes a day. It's such a short, simple system that even adults with severe ADD can stick with it and benefit.

So here is your tip for the day. The next time you brush your teeth spend an extra 30 seconds to help the rest of your body. Before you grab that toothbush stand with you knees very slight bent and your ams loose at you side. Relax your eyes so they are open but not really looking at anything. Breath gently from you abdomen. Don't take big deep breaths; just slow, steady, moderate ones. Take 7 - 10 of these breaths, then brush you teeth.

Think you can manage that? If not, I'd love to hear your excuses. I love excuses even though I rarely believe them, even when I tell the to myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad to report that Jim Jackson passed away in Las Vegas, NV. on Saturday, September 13th at approximately 10:30 PM with his family at his side.
his friend,
Dave Thompon

Anonymous said...

This is a year after JJ's death.

He's greatly missed, on a daily basis. I have found myself coming to this little blog a number of times when thinking of him. Nice that it's still up.

Miss you, JJ.

DJ in Hawaii